Insights for the Younger Tzadikim
Has Lessons For Life
we begin Sefer Vayikra (the Book of Leviticus).
At the end of this Parashah, the Torah talks about
transgressions against other people.
What is really interesting, however, is how it is all
Week's P'sukim - Perek Hay (5):
20. Hashem spoke to Moses, saying:
21. If a person will sin and commit a treachery against Hashem by lying to his comrade regarding a pledge or a loan or a robbery; or by defrauding his comrade:
22. or he found a lost item and denied it -- and he swore falsely about any of all the things that a person can do and sin thereby:
so it shall be that when he will sin and become guilty, he
shall return the robbed item that he robbed, or the proceeds
of his fraud, or the pledge that was left with him, or the
lost item that he found:
24. or anything about which he had sworn falsely -- he shall repay its principal and add its fifth to it; he shall give it to its owner on the day he admits his guilt:
25. And he shall bring his guilt-offering to Hashem -- an unblemished ram from the flock, of the proper value, as a guilt-offering -- to the Kohen:
The Kohen shall provide him atonement before Hashem, and it
shall be forgiven him for any of all the things he might do
to incur guilt:
Edition Chumash by ArtScroll
what is discussed first is making things right again with
the person who was wronged.
We are taught that before we can ever expect Hashem
to forgive us, when we have hurt another person, that we
must have the other person forgive us first.
the atonement provided by God through the Kohen (priest) is
not discussed until after the ways to make things right are
remember that, anytime we cause someone else hurt, we are
going to have to ask their forgiveness before we can ask
Hashem, we will probably be much more careful.
This is one of Judaism's Life Lessons.
Mazor Guides: Wealth of Information and Resources
Copyright 1998-2013 MazorNet, Inc.
http://www.mazordirectory.com | http://www.GoToTheExpert.com | http://www.MazorGuide.com
http://www.getorganized-today.com | http://www.MagneticRx.com | http://www.Mazorcondos.com